SPECIALIST TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Location – Lincoln based with long term overseas travel to the Middle East
c£: Salary dependant on proven experience
Permanent position – Apr 18
Mercury EW Ltd is a growing company populated by Ex Her Majesty’s Forces Electronic Warfare (EW) and training experts. We pride ourselves on delivering first class, operationally focused domain knowledge expertise and services to the Defence Industry, Ministry of Defence, UK and overseas Armed Forces. We have an urgent opportunity for highly experienced Training and Development Consultants with training management expertise to supplement a team for a Middle East customer.
Reporting directly to Mercury EW Ltd management and our Client, the quality and range of your previous knowledge and experience will be vital to the success of your role. Your role will involve the opportunity to maintain and support leading edge, high profile defence projects.
This role would ideally suit an ex Royal Corps of Signals Traffic Officer, Yeoman of Signals or Senior Non-Commissioned Officer (SNCO) with a proven telecommunications and training analysis background or equivalent roles from the Royal Navy or the Royal Air Force. Your interpersonal skills must be of the highest order as well as being well organised, totally reliable, self motivated be clearly focused on delivering quality services.
The primary tasks of the role will be to:
- Act as subject matter experts in some / all of the core subject areas; IP Networks, Cyber Security, Crypto Management, Deployable system enhancements, Network fundamentals and Advanced Training, Technical English language, Advanced Power systems, Operator Systems Training, Coherent Network management, Regional control centre management, Initial Basic Training
- Facilitate scoping exercises with a range of stakeholders on the core subject areas and the course requirements within those areas
- Conduct role performance analysis – using consultancy skills to identify the core roles the training should be designed to cover
- Conduct training analysis to produce Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) outputs including: role performance statement, Training options Analysis, Training gap analysis, draft training objectives (TOs)
- Conduct training design to produce Programmes of Instruction (POIs), training objectives, enabling objectives, key learning points, formal training statement, ISpecs, ASpecs, LSpecs and methods of media
- Digital Courseware analysis – taking the above outputs and reviewing the materials to design an e-learning courseware matrix which covers the chunks of digital content to be delivered, the sharable content across course areas, the level of e-learning required (level1 -4)
- Work with digital learning professionals to support the technical accuracy of the e-leaning content produced.
- Work with international stakeholders to facilitate the production of the above.
Other duties will include
- Presenting and reporting on progress.
- General administration
- Attending and / or facilitating meetings
- Overseas travel
- Researching and gathering courseware and equipment information, assets and images
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Must be a UK national with Security Clearance Secret or higher
- Technical knowledge and expertise across a range of telecommunication subjects within a military setting - IP Networks, Cyber Security, Crypto Management, Deployable system enhancements, Network fundamentals and Advanced Training, Technical English language, Advanced Power systems, Operator Systems Training, Coherent Network management, Regional control centre management, Initial Basic Training
- Significant experience in designing courseware to DSAT standards and protocols
- NVQ Level 4 or above in Training Design and Development or Teaching/Instruction related qualification
- Minimum of five years working within a training department or similar environment
- Experience with Technology Enhanced Learning and the production of elearning/interactive learning solutions using multimedia content and appropriate software
- Planning and Project Management skills
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software Word, Excel and PowerPoint including experience of mind-mapping software or similar
- Customer focus and good business sense
- Strong relationship builder
- Consultancy skills
- Flexible in approach and clam under pressure
- Have the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Have an analytical and logical approach
- Be a self-starter
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Trained in UK Armed Forces training standards
- Ideally some experience with military overseas students
- Have knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia.
- As this role requires travel to Saudi Arabia, applicants must meet all the minimum qualifications for working in KSA.
The candidate must be able to work alone to a schedule of work activities. Must be able to demonstrate initiative whilst carrying out scheduled activities and prepared to work long hours on occasion to meet demanding deadlines. Must be able to plan and carry out tasks as directed by the Mercury EW Ltd Management to a high standard of quality. Must be prepared for long term overseas travel to support this project. Be extremely flexible with a "can do" attitude.
The ideal candidate for this position will be:
- An Ex Traffic Officer / Yeoman of Signals / SNCO Telecommunication expert with BSM experience.
- Experience in working in the Middle East.
- Experienced in conducting TNAs and training design and delivery.
- Customer focused.
- Required to produce high quality work and able to use own initiative.
- A team player and the ability to liaise with staff and partners from other disciplines.
- Required to have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Able to accept responsibility.
- Conversant with all Microsoft Office applications.
To apply, please either write with a full CV, covering letter and current salary details to Mercury EW Ltd, Haverholme Priory Office, Haverholme Park, Ewerby, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 9GG or send your CV, covering letter and current salary details via email to
Closing date: 30 Apr 18.